The Black Business Alliance Peoria Chapter is now taking applications for the following job opportunities:
- Program Assistant - Internship Opportunity
Job Title: Program Assistant – Internship Opportunity
Business: Black Business Alliance/ MBDC / WPNV
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the programs and support the work of management and other staff. Program Assistants perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Conduct research to gather and create employment resources.
- Assist with the workforce development processes and headcount management relevant to each assigned job requisite and track the status of all candidates in process, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of data (evaluating applications/resumes, scheduling mock interviews, coaching sessions, etc.) to ensure compliance while maintaining a candidate pipeline to support current and anticipated demand.
- Assist with the development of the Fall 2021 Minority Contractor Development program.
- Create and update applicant tracking system with candidate information immediately upon receiving notice of changes, updates, and/or feedback.
- Assist the program manager (s) with coordination of candidates and documentation as needed.
- Maintain and foster excellent relationships with staff, community partners, and candidate (s), providing a highly professional positive experience.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining all personnel file documentation throughout recruitment.
- Monitor job boards and the job market and report accordingly.
- Answer calls, take notes, collect messages as needed and direct callers to the appropriate resource.
- Perform other duties as required in support of program development.
- High School Diploma
- Post-secondary education in business, social work, small business management, communication or office management is an asset.
· 1-3 years of experience in an office setting.
Email your cover letter and resume to: